Splitting a file may not be useful all the time but it can come handy when you have a large file that needed to send by email or to be uploaded somewhere for sharing it with others. Splitter & Merger is a tool that does splitting and merging files as easy as it can get.
Splitter & Merger is a small self executable file doesnâ€™t need any installation. Fire up splitter and merger and choose the file you want to split, it works fast enough and splits more than 4GB size files with out any problem. The tools allows you to compress files before splitting so the resulting parts will have less size. You can choose a file size limit for the parts, suppose you want to email parts you can set a file size in MB.
Splitter & Merger can create a self extracting module as the first part, this is useful for merging the files if you donâ€™t have this tool on another computer where you transferred the files. It can integrate in to Windows shell, so you can right click and select any file to split and similarly select already splitted files (.SPL) to merge into one file.
- Shell Integration (invoke S&M from Windows context menu).
- Drag & Drop support.
- CRC-32 check to ensure file integrity.
- Support to compress files.
- Can make SFX modules (*.exe).
- Direct copy to removable disks with support for Disk-Spanning .
- Very high speed in both split and compression.
- Automatic path creation when the path doesn’t exists.
- Optional deletion of parts after the rejoin process.
- Can split files bigger than 4.2Gb.
- Executable of reduced size
Splitter & Merger is portable application available as a freeware for windows.