Windows Live Movie Maker is a part of Windows Live essentials suite of applications, it was available as beta for quite some time and today they released the final version. Windows live movie maker is the successor of windows movie maker which never got much traction. This app is available for both Windows Vista and Windows 7, XP users had no luck.
Microsoft is touting â€œWindows Live Movie Maker as the one-minute way to turn photos and videos into great-looking movies that are easy to share.â€ The AutoMovie feature in live movie maker will create movies from photos and videos easily by adding a title, credits, transitions and effects. This feature works very well and creates movies with in a short time.
Live movie maker comes with the ribbon interface on top of the program found in Microsoft office applications. There are simple and easy to use tools for editing, video clips, adding transition to photos, effects. Drag and drop photos or video clips to the program to create movies with the program.
It also comes with an in-built feature that allows you to upload the finished videos to YouTube from the program itself. There are several options to save the movies from formats ranging from High definition videos to videos suitable for mobile devices. You can also create a DVD of your movie created with the program.
The program is simple to use and anyone with out any skills can use the program to create movies out of their video clips or photos with out much effort.
Windows Live Movie Maker is available as a free download. If you are using other Windows Live programs they will also be updated along with it. Microsoft put up a new site to show off the features of Windows Live Movie Maker with some sample videos.
- Live Preview gives you a brief glimpse as you mouse over them, so you can quickly choose the best one.
- Windows Live Movie Maker makes video editing easy so you can find and include the sweet spot of each video clip.
- If youâ€™re not a video enthusiast, Windows Live Movie Maker is still a great way to create the coolest photo slide shows with fun transitions and effects that make your photos come to life.
- Make your video an action flick by adding panning and zooming to photos in your movie.
- Windows 7 and Windows Live Movie Maker make it easy to get your photos and videos off your devices and into a beautiful movie that you can share. Just plug in your device, and weâ€™ll walk you through it.
- Video is for sharing, so we make it easy to publish your creation to YouTube, with the extensibility to add plug-ins for Facebook and, soon, other online sharing sites.
- Transitions make your video flow seamlessly between photos and videos and add more action to your creation.
- If you use Windows or Office, youâ€™ll be right at home with Windows Live Movie Maker because it uses the same user interface (UI).
- Save in HD 480, 720 and 1080p: Create a great viewing experience by saving your movie in high-definition format.
- No more tinkering to get your content to match your soundtrack â€” with Windows Live Movie Maker, you just make one click and they match up perfectly.
- Auto Movie: You want to create polished movies with your photos and videos that you can share, but you donâ€™t have a lot of time. Auto Movie can create a beautiful video for you in under one minute that includes transitions, a title, captions and a music soundtrack.
- Use text captions overlaid onto your video to tell your story, and give credit where itâ€™s due by adding title screens and end credits.
- Save to a mobile device
- Share via e-mail
- Burn to DVD
- Display on your PC
- Display on TV (Media Center Edition, Blu-ray) in high definition
- View via streaming media player
- Display on Xbox
- Display on Zune
- Display on iPod
- Send to file share Web site, such as Windows Live SkyDrive
- Send to a video-sharing Web site (YouTube, Facebook)
- Publish to other sharing sites (coming soon)
Supported File Formats: Windows Media Video (WMV), Windows Media, DV-AVI, Microsoft Recorded TV Show, 3GP, 3GPP, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, Motion JPEG, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, Bitmap, PNG, QuickTime .mov* and .qt*, AVCHD*, MPEG-4 files*