Microsoft has released Windows 8 Consumer Preview version in Barcelona at the Mobile World Congress 2012. The Windows 8 CP version is available for everyone to download. You can download the Win 8 CP from this page.
For those who prefer to download ISO Windows 8 ISO images directly using the direct download links from Microsoft listed below.
Download 32-bit (x86) Windows 8 Consumer Preview
English: Download (2.5 GB)
Chinese Simplified: Download (2.6 GB)
French: Download (2.5 GB
German: Download (2.5 GB
Japanese: Download (2.5 GB
Download 64-bit (x64) Windows 8 Consumer Preview
English: Download (3.3 GB)
Chinese Simplified: Download (3.4 GB)
French: Download (3.3 GB)
German: Download (3.3 GB)
Japanese: Download (3.3 GB)
Windows 8 Consumer Preview Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J
Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
How to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview from an ISO image
The easiest way to convert an ISO file to a DVD in Windows 7 is to use Windows Disc Image Burner.
On a PC running Windows XP or Windows Vista, a third-party program like ImgBurn can be used.
You can also download Windows 8 Consumer Preview Setup, which includes tools that allow you to create a DVD or USB flash drive from an ISO file (Windows Vista or Windows 7 required)