WordPress 2.6 is released with some awesome features and with some bug fixes.
WordPress now supports version tracking, you can track the changes made to a post or page like wikipedia or version control system. This feature is important for multi author blogs, you can track the changes made by others.
Another important feature added to 2.6 is “Press This” bookmarklet that lets you post quickly by pressing the bookmarklet. This is inspired from “Tumblr”, if you have ever used tumblr you will know how useful is this feature. It can recognize Youtube video embed codes and Flickr images, when you are on Youtube or Flickr click this bookmarklet for easy posting of videos or photos.
Theme previews allows you to preview a theme before activating it so you will know how it works. When you select a theme is wp-admin it will pop up with a preview of the blog, this is useful for testing new themes before going public.
- Word count! Never guess how many words are in your post anymore.
- Image captions, so you can add sweet captions under your images.
- Bulk management of plugins.
- A completely revamped image control to allow for easier inserting, floating, and resizing. Itâ€™s now fully integrated with the WYSIWYG.
- Customizable default avatars.
- Full SSL support in the core, and the ability to force SSL for security.
- You can now have many thousands of pages or categories with no interface issues.
- Ability to move your wp-config file and wp-content directories to a custom location, for â€œcleanâ€ SVN checkouts.
- Stronger better faster versions of TinyMCE, jQuery, and jQuery UI.
Madhur Kapoor says
Nice, the version tracker feature looks good.
Yes this version has pretty good features
I think it is about time that I upgraded and while I am on it change my blog theme, now all I need is a bit of spare time to do it. 🙂