We all prefer anonymous browsing at some point or the other, like when you are on a public place or to get around censorship. There are several ways to do anonymous browsing on desktop including using a VPN or using a browser like Operator.
These days lot of people use smartphones for their browsing needs, while there are easy ways for anonymous browsing on the desktop, that is not the case with smartphones or tablets.
Onion Browser is an iOS app that allows users to do private and anonymous browsing on iOS devices, whether you use iPhone or iPad you can use it to encrypt your data while browsing the web. Onion uses Tor proxy servers to hide your browsing session from Wi-Fi connections, ISPs etc.
- Internet access tunneled over the Tor onion router network:
- – Websites do not see your real IP address.
- – Your connection is encrypted before it leaves your device, providing protection against snooping by ISPs or people who share a WiFi connection with you.
- – Tunnel bypasses restrictive firewalls: you can access the entire Internet from behind ISPs or corporate connections, or when inside countries that practice online censorship.
- – Access websites on the “dark net” of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible in the Tor network.
- User-Agent spoofing: hides the fact that you are using an iPhone/iPad from websites you visit.
- Ability to block third party cookies or all cookies.
- Can change IP address and clear cookies/history/cache in one button.
Browsing through tor network or any anonymization network is slower, it’s a trade off for anonymous browsing.