WPtouch is a wordpress plugin that shows a iPhone optimized theme when opened on iPhone or iPod touch. The plugin formats your blog wordpress blog with an iPhone application-style theme, it only shows up when opened through an iPhone.
Install the plugin as any other wordpress plugin, after installation go to settings and Wo Touch tab and customize the look with font colors and icons. It also includes a link in the footer for your iPhone visitors to switch between your theme and wptouch theme.
This is not compatible with Wp Supercache, if you are using Wp Cache, you need to configure it properly. For wp-cache go to wp-cache settings in wordpress settings and enter “iphone” and “ipod”
in rejected US strings settings.
- User-selected theme toggle (between WPtouch view and your siteâ€™s regular look)
- iPhone-like application appearance, functions
- AJAX, jQuery & effects in only 56kb
- Full WordPress search, pages, archives, categories, tags and links support
- Theme native social bookmarking support
- iPhone/iPod touch native post e-mailing support
- Ajax comments, posted in real time
- Ajaxed pagination (users can browse posts like YouTube videos)
- Admin selectable custom icons for pages, logo, bookmark icon
- Manually edit your siteâ€™s title to fit WPtouch
- Show / Hide post excerpts, customize style appearance in different ways
- Easily add your own icons to customize your menu appearance
- Admin inclusion/exclusion of site pages shown in the themeâ€™s menu
- Compatibility suite in the admin to inform of add-ons, WordPress version support
- Favicon fetch & conversion to .png for links displayed using the WP blogroll
- Support for FlickrRSS plugin, Blip.it video plugin
- Automatic Archives page layout (if you have or create a page called â€˜Archivesâ€™)
- Automatic Photo page layout with Flickr (if you have or create a page called â€˜Photosâ€™ and have the FlickrRSS plugin installed)